Pastors: John Bornschein and Perry Rohlfs
Board of Directors: Mike Snider, Paul Holdier, Liborio Risorto, Bill Fernandez and Sam Alcorn
Calvary Fellowship Fountain Valley has been formed as a fellowship of believers under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and to be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are a Bible-believing church with teaching and fellowship designed to help you establish a firm foundation of faith – to inform, mobilize and equip as we reach out locally and impact globally.
Calvary Fellowship Fountain Valley church began in 2003 as a church plant of Calvary Worship Center (led by Pastor Al Pittman) and is loosely affiliated with the Calvary Chapel Association of Churches. The Calvary Chapel Association (CCA) is the administrative connection point for the Calvary Chapel Movement of churches. It keeps a record of associated Calvary Chapel senior pastors. One of the functions of CCA is to promote official Calvary Chapel regional, national and international events. CCA also serves in various support roles to local Calvary Chapel churches and senior pastors. It is overseen by the Calvary Chapel Association Council, which consists of over 20 seasoned Calvary Chapel senior pastors from around the world.
There are currently 1600 associated Calvary Chapel churches and related ministries.
Pastor Dion Elmore, an associate pastor of Calvary Worship Center, founded Calvary Fellowship Fountain Valley where it began in his basement – eventually becoming the 3rd largest Calvary Church in Southern Colorado by 2008. Today, CFFV ministers to more than 2000 families around the world (via regular church attendance, military ministry outreach and online communities) and is led by Pastor John Bornschein and Co-Pastor Perry Rohlfs.
The mission of Calvary Fellowship Fountain Valley is to implement teaching and fellowship designed to help God’s people establish a firm foundation of faith – to inform, mobilize and equip to reach out locally and impact globally.
The purpose of this Church shall be: to win men and women to faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; to increase Christian faithfulness “as good stewards of the manifold grace of God” (1 Peter 4:10); to encourage individual Christians toward attaining “the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ” (Ephesians 4:13); to serve the community in every possible Christian way; to send personnel and Christian influence throughout the world by gifts and prayers for missions.
- Trust in the Lord that He is able and in this firm foundation we will move mountains in our culture today, living out an audacious faith in confidence of who He is and His reign over all (Joshua 10:12-14, Job 38-41, Isaiah 43:18-19, Matthew 21:21-22).
- Boldly proclaim the Gospel Message. We have the word of God before us, the Spirit of God in us and the command of God to us to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 5:14-15, Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 28:31).
- Stand as watchmen on the walls, seeking the Lord for wisdom and discernment, that we may equip the saints for the building up of the Body of Christ (Isaiah 62:6, I Chronicles 12:32, Ephesians 4:12).
- Minister to those who are suffering – the poor, the oppressed, the orphan, the widow, the hungry, those in prison and those who are in need will be served as a child of the living God (James 1:27, Mark 10:21, Isaiah 25:4, Isaiah 58:7-12, Matthew 25:25-40, Proverbs 19:17, Acts 20:35).
- Teach the whole Word of God and the regular practice of Consecration and Preparation to remove all that may hinder our relationship with the Almighty (Joshua 3:5, 1 John 1:9, Hebrews 12:1).
- Intercede on behalf of our nation seeking transformation in the hearts of individuals and communities across all socio-economic, political and ethnic backgrounds (Jeremiah 5:1, Ezekiel 22:30, Isaiah 59:16, II Chronicles 16:9).
We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only their over emphasis of the doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ. We believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves as Christians.
WE BELIEVE: Worship of God should be Spiritual.
Therefore: We remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
WE BELIEVE: Worship of God should be Inspirational.
Therefore: We give great place to music in our worship.
WE BELIEVE: Worship of God should be Intelligent.
Therefore: Our services are designed with great emphasis upon teaching the Word of God that He might instruct us.
WE BELIEVE: Worship of God should be Fruitful.
Therefore: We look for His love and work in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have truly been worshiping Him.
OUR CHARACTER, BELIEFS, AND ORDINANCES
Calvary Fellowship Fountain Valley shall be a nondenominational Church. It shall seek to emphasize the spiritual unity of all true believers. It shall be the policy of this Church to give preeminence to the preaching of the gospel, to studying the Word of God, and to exalting the Lord Jesus Christ.
In order to identify the Church as conservative in theology, and evangelical in spirit, we set forth this general statement of fundamental beliefs:
a) We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God and inerrant in the original writings.
b) We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
c) We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
d) We believe that the lost and sinful man must be saved, and that man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
e) We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
f) We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are unsaved unto the resurrection of damnation.
g) We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Church will observe regularly the two New Testament ordinances of water baptism and the Lord’s Supper. These ordinances are observed in obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ, out of love and devotion. This Church desires the fellowship of all evangelical Churches and Christian groups and will cooperate with them to promote the cause of Jesus Christ.